Why does hair fall happen?
Hair fall is a very common condition and happens to most people some time or the other in their life. It strikes both, but men are most likely to lose their hair than women. Men may face this problem of hair fall between the ages of 15 and 25, whereas in the case of women it is most likely to happen between the ages of 25 and 30. Often people panic or over stress about their hair loss issue and begin to use all possible remedies available around. But when it does not give satisfactory results they tend to throw their hands in the air resigning to the fact that nature will take its course. If you are ready to concede the battle, you should not surrender just yet. It is not something to be worried about but definitely something to know about, thoroughly.
As they say, ” knowing is half the battle. ”
- Improved hair thickness
- Stronger hair
- Improved scalp health
- Less hair shedding
If you are suffering from hair thinning or hair loss, biotin may assist in regrowth. Biotin, also known as Vitamin B7 or H, is a water-soluble vitamin found in small amount in a number of foods. This vitamin is vital for our body as it converts carbohydrates and fats from the food we consume into energy that our body can use. It plays an important role in the nourishment of hair, skin and nails.
Biotic is a vital ingredient that helps in the production of hair. Every hair strand is made up of Keratin, a basic protein. Biotin improves your body’s keratin infrastructure resulting in healthy and strong hair. It is also important for the production of Vitamin D with the help of Pantothenic acid (another subset of the B-vitamin family).
Biotin is found commonly in our diet but in a very small amount. Nuts such as peanuts, walnuts, almonds, and avocados all contain biotin in varying quantities. Egg-yolk, fish and organ meats such as liver or kidney are rich with biotin. Whole grain, cauliflower, banana, soya beans, mushrooms also contain a small amount of biotin.
So let’s begin with knowing the 8 reasons why does hair fall happen…
- An imbalanced diet like over consumption of vitamin A and B can trigger hair loss. Lack of proteins also hampers the hair growth gradually leading to hair loss problems. Deficiency of iron causes Anaemia and it is likely to cause hair loss.
- Sedentary lifestyle i.e. inactive daily routine can be a major contributor to premature hair loss. It is very important to get at least 30 minutes of physical exercise every day.
- Scalp damage due to pollution, dirt, heat causes dry scalp and that may lead to hair fall.
- Over styling, vagarious hair combing, use of chemical hair dyes, bleach, heat treatments and harsh synthetic shampoos over years play a vital role in damaging your hair and scalp causing hair fall.
- Improper intake of medications like blood thinners, birth control pills, antidepressants, anticoagulants can also cause hair damage.
- Hormonal changes and genetics can be the major reasons for hair loss.
- Physical stress like any kind of surgery, accident, or severe illness can cause temporary hair loss. Stressful events like these can shock the hair cycle and push more hair into the shedding phase.
- Emotional stress though does not directly cause hair loss but it is likely to exacerbate a problem that already exists that not surfaced yet. Sleep deprivation also leads to mental stress and that in turn aggravates hair loss.